Divan Bed FAQ's
What is a divan bed?
A divan bed is a combination of a mattress and bed base together to provide a complete sleeping solution. The divan bases offers a range of options including storage drawers, fabric finishes and height alternatives to cater for all types of design and functionality requirements.
A divan beds come in a range of sizes to help cater to all types of bedrooms. Each divan bed is manufactured to exact UK standard sizes, including the most popular choices of 3FT single, perfect for a child or guest room, and bigger sizes, including 4FT 6 double and 5FT kingsize models, which offer plenty of sleeping space for singles and couples alike.
What sizes do divan beds come in?
The below chart shows the standard lengths and widths of all our UK-sized divan sets
Divan Bed Size Table
|Divan Bed Size
|2'6" x 6'3"
|75cm x 190cm
|3' x 6'3"
|90cm x 190cm
|4' x 6'3"
|120cm x 190cm
|4'6" x 6'3"
|135cm x 190cm
|5' x 6'6"
|150cm x 200cm
|6' x 6'6"
|180cm x 200cm
What options are available with a divan bed?
Whether it's storage you need for extra bedding or a beautiful headboard to finish off your bedroom design, then a divan bed is the perfect decision. With so many options available to choose colour, fabric, headboard, and mattress comfort, you will be spoilt for choice, and with our easy to use options selector, choosing has never been simpler.
Divan beds are also a popular choice for customers' main bedrooms, giving you a stylish, comfortable bed to sleep in with plenty of support and storage. Our double, king-size, and super-king divan beds come in various styles, and we stock one of the largest ranges of divan beds in the UK at the lowest possible prices.
What is a better option for me, a divan or bed frame?
Choosing between a divan and a bed frame depends on your personal preferences, bedroom space, and specific needs. Both options have their advantages, so it's important to consider various factors before making a decision. Here are some considerations for both divan beds and bed frames:
- Built-In Storage: Divan beds often come with built-in storage options, such as drawers or ottoman-style storage. If you need extra space to store bedding, clothes, or other items, a divan bed may be a practical choice.
- Aesthetics: Divan beds can have a clean and contemporary look, especially if you choose one without a headboard. They can easily blend into various bedroom styles and provide a neutral base for bedding and decor.
- Comfort: Divan beds typically offer a solid and firm base for the mattress, contributing to overall support and comfort. Some divan beds also come with a sprung edge for added flexibility.
- Space-Saving: The built-in storage options of divan beds can be advantageous in smaller bedrooms where maximizing storage space is crucial.
- Flexibility: Divan beds are often available with a variety of storage configurations, headboard designs, and fabric choices, allowing for customization to suit your preferences.
- Bed Frame:
- Aesthetics and Style: Bed frames come in a wide range of designs, materials, and styles. If you want to make a statement with a stylish headboard or prefer a specific aesthetic for your bedroom, a bed frame offers more design options.
- Customization: Bed frames provide more flexibility for customization. You can choose different headboard styles, materials, and colours to match your bedroom decor and personal taste.
- Ease of Cleaning: Bed frames with legs or an open design can be easier to clean underneath compared to divan bases, which are typically flush to the floor.
- Ventilation: Bed frames provide more ventilation around the mattress, which can be beneficial for airflow and maintaining a cool sleeping environment.
- No Built-In Storage: If you have ample storage space elsewhere in your bedroom or if you prefer alternative storage solutions, a bed frame without built-in storage may be more suitable.
In summary, a divan bed may be a better option if you prioritize built-in storage, a clean and simple look, and additional mattress support. On the other hand, a bed frame may be preferable if you want more design flexibility, customization options, and a style statement in your bedroom. Consider your storage needs, aesthetic preferences, and the overall look you want to achieve in your bedroom when making your decision.
Do I need a headboard with a divan bed?
Whether or not you need a headboard with a divan bed is a matter of personal preference and style. Here are some considerations to help you decide:
- With Headboard: A headboard can enhance the visual appeal of the bed and contribute to the overall aesthetics of the bedroom. It provides an opportunity to add a decorative element, match the bed to the room's theme, or create a focal point.
- Without Headboard: Some people prefer the clean and minimalistic look of a divan bed without a headboard. This choice can create a more open and contemporary feel in the bedroom.
- With Headboard: A headboard can serve functional purposes, such as providing a comfortable backrest for sitting up in bed. It also prevents pillows from slipping down between the wall and the mattress.
- Without Headboard: If you don't typically sit up in bed or have a wall that provides support for pillows, you may find a headboard less necessary for functional reasons.
- Space Constraints:
- With Headboard: Some headboards come with built-in storage options, such as shelves or compartments. If you need additional storage space and want it integrated with the bed, a headboard with storage might be beneficial.
- Without Headboard: Without a headboard, the bed may take up less visual space, making the room appear larger, which can be advantageous in smaller bedrooms.
- With Headboard: A headboard allows for flexibility in design and style. You can choose from a wide range of headboard designs, materials, and heights to suit your taste and bedroom decor.
- Without Headboard: Without a headboard, you have the freedom to change the look of your bed easily by updating bedding, adding decorative pillows, or changing the surrounding decor.
- With Headboard: Adding a headboard may increase the overall cost of the bed. However, it can be viewed as an investment in both aesthetics and comfort.
- Without Headboard: Opting for a divan bed without a headboard might be a more cost-effective choice if you prioritize simplicity and have a limited budget.
Ultimately, the decision to have a headboard with your divan bed depends on your personal preferences, style, and functional needs. Consider the overall design of your bedroom, your comfort preferences, and whether you value the added aesthetic and functional features that a headboard can bring to your sleeping space.
What storage combinations are available with a divan bed?
Divan beds are known for their practicality and versatility, offering various storage combinations to meet different needs. Here are some common storage options available with divan beds:
No Storage (Platform Top):
- Storage: The simplest option, featuring a solid platform top with no built-in storage.
- Suitability: Ideal for those who do not require extra storage space and prefer a minimalistic look.
- Two Drawer Divan Bed:
- Storage: Two drawers usually positioned on one side of the bed.
- Convenience: Offers convenient storage space for bedding, clothes, or other items.
- Four Drawer Divan Bed:
- Storage: Four drawers, typically two on each side of the bed.
- Functionality: Provides additional storage capacity compared to the 2-drawer option, allowing for better organization.
- End Drawer Divan Bed:
- Storage: Two drawers located at the foot end of the bed.
- Access: Accessible from the foot of the bed, offering a different configuration for those who prefer this style.
- Side Opening Ottoman Divan Bed:
- Storage: The entire mattress and base can be lifted to reveal a spacious storage compartment.
- Ease of Access: Provides easy access to the storage space, making it suitable for larger items or a more organized storage layout.
- End Lift Ottoman Divan Bed:
- Design: The mattress and base are lifted from the foot end of the bed, exposing the storage area beneath.
- Access: Lifted vertically, offering a different access point compared to side-lift ottoman beds.
- Half Opening Ottoman Divan Bed:
- Storage: The mattress lifts from the foot end or one side, exposing a portion of the storage space.
- Versatility: Offers storage access while considering space constraints or preferences for partial storage access.
- Zip and Link Divan Bed with Storage:
- Configuration: Two single divan beds with the option to zip and link them together, creating a larger bed.
- Storage Options: Various storage options, such as drawers or ottoman storage, can be chosen for each individual bed.
When selecting a divan bed with storage, consider your storage needs, bedroom space, and personal preferences to choose the most suitable configuration for your lifestyle.
Are divan beds available for next day delivery?
To cater to customers who may need a divan bed quickly, we have a huge range of beds available for next-day and express delivery. As a leading online retailer of beds, we can manufacture divan bases and mattresses within the same-day process allowing us to offer a vast array of options to customise your divan set and still select a next-day delivery.
All divan beds are delivered using our 2-man, premium delivery service with timed delivery slots and weekend services available. Each Divan set will be positioned into a room of the customer's choice, and removal service is also available if an old bed or mattress needs to be taken away simultaneously.
Do you review your divan beds?
We all like an unbiased opinion, so we actively gather divan bed reviews from our previous customers. This type of feedback allows us to show how a bed has performed over time, what is good value for money, and was is comfortable to sleep in!