‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Bedstar Limited with which you are interacting as detailed above- the ‘site’ means the bedstar.co.uk website you are visiting or engaging with; and ‘you’ and ‘your’ means you, the person engaging with us, registering for our or visiting our site.
How you can contact us
FAO the Data Protection Officer
98 High Street
Email: [email protected]
Information we may collect about you
Information you give us: We collect any information you provide to us when you purchase from us, complete registration forms, or provide us with your details over the phone, for example when you are requesting information, or subscribe to our mailing list. This information might include your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card information and other information relevant to the event or service that you’re registering for.
Information we collect about you:
We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between you and us via contact forms on websites, and emails or telephone calls.
Information we receive from third parties:
We may collect information about you from third parties that we work closely with for the purposes of delivering to you the services that you request from us. For example, we may engage third parties to assist us with our online registration systems or payment systems; these entities will collect information directly from you on our behalf. We may engage third parties to operate event websites on our behalf; these entities will collect information directly from you about your visits to the website on our behalf.
We may also receive information about you from third parties where you have consented to such third party sharing your information with us.
How we use information about you
We use personal data to:
Provide you with information that you have requested from us, in relation to products and services we run, or other services we provide (for example online promotions and e-newsletters).
The purpose of this is:
We will need to use your contact details to keep you updated about the products or services you have indicated you are interested in.We will need to use your contact details to keep you updated about the products or services you have indicated you are interested in.
The applicable legal basis:
By specifically requesting information from us, you are consenting to us using your personal data for the purposes of communicating such information to you.
Please note that we may also share your personal data with other entities if you have given us your permission to do so.
To keep in contact with you about other similar events or services of ours that may be of interest to you.
To keep you up to date on similar services you have previously purchased from us in the past. To analyses the effectiveness of our products and offerings to you.
It is our legitimate interest to keep you up to date on similar service or products. Where we rely on legitimate interests in this way, we will always offer an opt out, and unsubscribe option on any marketing information we send you.
Pass on your contact details to our logistics partners to enhance your experience. We engage logistic partners in order to enhance your experience of our service. Where we need to share these details with such logistic partners in order to perform the contract we have with you, the legal basis would be the performance of a contract.
In other circumstances, we have legitimate interest to provide the details to our partners, because these services are required for a seamless experience, and it is in your interest to be provided with this information. If you prefer us not to share these details with our logistics partners then we would be unable to conduct the delivery if you have requested delivery.
- Analyze user traffic to measure use of our web sites and improve their content.
- We may use information such as your IP address for analytical purposes of our pages, this could also include improving the content of our websites and services.
- We have identified web analytics as a legitimate interest of our business, and allow us to better meet your needs as a customer.
- To comply with or abide by legal obligations or requirements.
- We may need to use or process your personal data to comply with some legal requirements, an example being a request from the government or representatives of the crown.
- Where we need to process your data for these reasons, the legal basis will be compliance with a legal obligation.
Who we might share your data with:
In certain circumstances we may share your personal information with:
Any other selected third party that you consent to our sharing your information with for marketing purposes (such consent will be sought prior to our sharing of this data).
Any other third parties where necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees or where such disclosure may be permitted or required by law.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the ‘Help’ section of your internet browser). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of our websites.
Third party content, sites & Contributors
How long we look after your information and how long to we keep it for
We use a variety of technological and operational security measures to protect your information against any unauthorized access to, unlawful use of, and modification and destruction of any personal data we store.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, or for as long as the law otherwise permits. Where you have not participated, attended or registered to attend or participate in one of our events, or otherwise engaged with us in four years, we will delete your data, unless we have an obligation to retain it for longer (for example for taxation purposes).
Transmission of information over the internet can be insecure, and although we employ measures to protect your information from unauthorized access we cannot always guarantee the security of information sent over the internet.
Where we store your information
When you are interacting with Bedstar (located inside the EU), our servers are situated either inside the European Economic Area (EEA) or and America, all of the information that we collect about you will be stored on these servers.
Your rights in relation to your personel data
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal data that we keep about you, by making a request in writing to the Data Protection Officer. Our Data Protection Officers details are provided at the top of this policy. You can ask us to provide the data in a commonly used, machine readable format, and where we are able to; transmit this data to another organization.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer if you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, to have that data corrected.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer to ask us to stop processing your data, or withdraw consent where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for any processing of your data.
- Contact the Data Protection Officer to request that we delete your personal data.
- To lodge a complaint with the data protection authorities if you believe we have not complied with any applicable data protection law. In the UK, the relevant authority is the Information Commissioners Office, you can find their details at www.ico.org.uk.